Last Updated: October 27, 2017
1. Information We Collect
We may collect information about you whenever you use SPORTEO, for example:
- When you create an account in SPORTEO, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email, phone number, social media account ID, and other information you may provide with your account. You can edit this information in your account through the Profile tab in the app.
- We may store information that your mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of SPORTEO, such as type of mobile device, unique device identifier, IP Address, device’s operating system and physical location (including geolocation, beacon based location). You may disable our use of certain location data through your device, for example by disabling “Location Services” for SPORTEO in iOS or Android privacy settings. We may also store usage data such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers.
- We collect mobile identifiers such as Apple IDFAs or Google Android Ad IDs. We only use and share these identifiers with branch.io for the sole purpose of providing deep linking from an external link through SPORTEO.
- If you initiate the creation of a team in SPORTEO, we may collect and store information about your sport team (name, kind of sport, physical location) and information about the players participating in your team (e.g. name, email, phone number, position).
- If you initiate the creation of a game in SPORTEO, we may collect and store information about your game (physical location at a given time, players who will attend the game).
2. How Personal Information May Be Used
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send push notifications to your mobile device. If you have previously consented to receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you can also turn push notifications off at the device level or by going to the Notifications setting screen under the Profile tab.
- To send email and SMS notifications to the email and phone number provided to us. If you no longer wish to receive them, you can turn them off by going to the Notifications setting screen under the Profile tab.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
SPORTEO will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this policy.
SPORTEO shares personal information in the following ways:
- SPORTEO employs GameSparks to run its service. This is a trusted partner who operates components of SPORTEO architecture. SPORTEO relies on this third party to maintain the safety and security of your information.
4. Your Choices
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided by you, you may contact us by logging into your account and making the appropriate changes or by emailing our customer support at email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or removed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information
Information you provide may be used by SPORTEO for marketing purposes, including but not limited to, one-off promotional e-mailing, direct mail, and sales contacts. We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending a request for list removal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you provide your information to SPORTEO, at any time you can opt-out, which will allow you to save your information with SPORTEO, but SPORTEO will not use your information for marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Service, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
5. Facebook Connect
You can log in to SPORTEO using sign-in Facebook Connect service. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
In addition, when using SPORTEO we may allow you a chance to tell friends about our services by accessing the contacts in your Facebook or other social media account.
6. Legal Disclosure
We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe to be necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, including laws outside your country of residence, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request including a request from authorities outside your country of residence.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damage we may sustain.
- If SPORTEO is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice within the software and/or on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide the applicable Service you use, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8. Security of Your Information
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at SPORTEO. We maintain our Service and all associated data with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your interaction with us (if, for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you can contact us at email@example.com.
9. Use of SPORTEO by Minors
SPORTEO is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide any Personal Information.
10. Cross-Border Transfer
The Service is controlled and operated by us from Canada, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of Canada. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using SPORTEO you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the Canada, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
11. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through SPORTEO or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested.
13. Contact Us